Think Big Partners and H&R Block have opened the submission doors for the 2012-2013 Hackovate Health innovation competition! From now until January 31, 2013, entrepreneurs, innovators, tech startups, hopsitals, physicians, telemedicine professionals, healthcare companies and students are invited to submit their health innovation ideas and companies into Hackovate Health to win big prizes and life-changing opportunities.
So what do you need to know? Here's some info to get you started:
WHO: Applicants must be seeking funding, looking to obtain customers and/or willing to be acquired. These applicants include:
- Entrepreneurs, innovators and tech startups
- Hospitals, physicians and telemedicine professionals
- Healthcare companies and providers
- Corporate innovators
WHAT: A global innovation competition to identify innovative, mobile, online social and other applications to help consumers navigate the new healthcare landscape.
Application Period: Now – January 31, 2013 11:59PM CST
Finale: February 26, 2013
Worldwide innovation competition
Finale at Union Station in Kansas City, MO, USA.
WHY: To improve the overall US healthcare systems by reducing costs, preserving quality care, improving healthcare satisfaction and supporting both innovation and job creation throughout the United States.
SUBMISSIONS CATEGORY EXAMPLES:
Innovative technology that does one or more of the following:
- Reduces healthcare costs, preserves quality care and/or improves healthcare satisfaction
- Reduces income disparity in the US
- Combats fraud, waste and abuse through prevention of improper payments
- Supports telemedicine, health robotics, wearable health, predictive intelligence or other trending topics in the health tech industry
- Reduces the budget deficit through big data
- Addresses those people in the Digital Inclusion (low income families that do not have the available resources to take advantage of new technologies that can assist in improving their education, communication and overall quality of life)
- Improves consumer health through exercise, diet management and weight loss
- Informs consumers facing a medical crisis
- Provides a platform for easier communications in healthcare education for small businesses, corporations and individuals
- Increases productivity and reduces costs
- Creates incentives for doctors, hospitals, and other providers of healthcare—or even their patients—to optimize efficiency or control costs
- Integrates data pools such as pharmaceutical R&D data, clinical data, activity (claims) and cost data and patient behavior and sentiment data
- Analyzes clinical outcome data to improve clinical decision making and leverage patient databases
- Provides online platforms and communities within the healthcare or medical industries
- Utilizes ultra high-speed, programmable broadband to bring innovative new products and services to the healthcare and medical industries
- Aids in the analysis, aggregation, manipulation and management of big data
- Promotes the research and development of better analytics for controlling healthcare costs
- Enables partnerships and public awareness of the impact that advanced analytics can and is having on controlling healthcare costs
- Raises professional and public awareness of the impact that advanced analytics can and is having on controlling healthcare costs
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Receive coaching and mentoring from business, policy and investor community leaders in the entrepreneurship and healthcare arenas
- The opportunity to take a big idea and quickly turn it a joint-venture partnership, strategic relationship or a potentially build a brand new company together
- Main prizes courtesy of H&R Block will be awarded to the top 3 innovative ideas. Prizes include $15,000, $5,000 and $2,500 with the opportunity to meet senior management for additional discussions.
HOW TO SUBMIT: Simply visit www.hackovate.com and locate the HOW TO ENTER tab at the top of the page. Next, click the green SUBMIT NOW button. This button will take you to the Hackovate iStart page, courtesy of our friends at the Kauffman Foundation. iStart will allow you to log in or register and submit your idea, startup, company, technology or innovation into our judging platform. Be sure to fill out all of the necessary information.