iKC: The Unconference is right around the corner! We’re ramping up for what promises to be a day full of unexpected collisions with unimaginable outcomes. In order for you to prepare for the unexpected, we’ve put together a list of everything you need to know so you can make the best of iKC 2013:
- Check-in starts at 8:00am. Check-in at H&R Block World Headquarters on the first floor (and come early to guarantee your free t-shirt!).
- Welcome presentations will begin at 8:45am. From there, the day will be divided into 4 sessions (to be determined the morning of the unconference).
- The agenda will be voted on and created live from 9:30am-10:30am. This hour may seem a little chaotic, but it allows plenty of opportunity for collisions and conversations to happen! Attendees will be able to submit ideas for session topics as they arrive and register.
- Free parking is available in the Annex Garage off 13th & Grand (but you must print a parking voucher beforehand!).
- Attendees can make the unconference whatever they want it to be. We suggest having an open mind and to be prepared to discuss, learn and contribute to conversations happening.
- Attendees have the opportunity to get facetime with some of the leaders of Kansas City by applying for the UnMentor Program. Apply here.
- Dress casual!
- Walk over to Alamo (1400 Main) after the last iKC session for the Closing Session, brought to you by Google Fiber.
- Your iKC ticket doubles as your free pass to the world premiere of Tech Trek at 6:30pm at the Alamo Drafthouse during the Closing Session.
- You have the chance to participate in the Open Mic Awards and personally recognize and award another iKC attendee on their participation and ideas during the Closing Session.
- And never forget the 4 (un)written rules of the unconference:
- Whenever it starts is the right time. Whenever it is over, it is over.
- The people who come are the right people.
- Whatever happens is the only thing that could have happened.
- If you are not learning or contributing, it is your responsibility to use your own two feet to find someplace where you are.
iKC 2013: The Unconference wouldn’t be possible with our great sponsors. A big thanks to H&R Block, Husch Blackwell, Garmin, Mazuma, Sprint, Red Bull and Google Fiber. We can wait for iKC 2013 and hope you’re just as anxious as we are!