Thursday, February 3, 2011

25 Things I Wish I Would Have Known Before 25



If you were to go back and do it all over again, what would you do differently?

Would you have planned better?

Would you have spent your money more wisely?

Would you have drunk more coffee?

Most entrepreneurs wish that they would have known more before they started their businesses.  A few minor tweaks before launching a business can define a business’s success or determine its failure. 
New entrepreneurs, pay attention.  Check out the 25 things entrepreneurs wish they would have known at age 25, before starting their businesses.   
1.  I wish I would have…saved more money
2.  I wish I would have…researched more about entrepreneurship
3.  I wish I would have…realized how important a partner or co-founder is
4.      I wish I would have…thickened my skin, fast
5.      I wish I would have…known that whacky is good
6.      I wish I would have…known to focus on changing the game, not competing
7.      I wish I would have…been more patient with my business
8.      I wish I would have…not second guessed myself
9.      I wish I would have…known that friends don’t always make the best partners and employees
10.   I wish I would have…explored more capital-raising options
11.   I wish I would have…known that test runs are critical
12.   I wish I would have…marketed my business by assuring clients “I can help you with your problem”
13.   I wish I would have…gone to a mentor when I was frustrated or needed advice
14.   I wish I would have…been warned that some people will let you down
15.   I wish I would have…learned the importance of a work-life balance
16.   I wish I would have…known the real secret to entrepreneurship: coffee
17.   I wish I would have…kept up to date with technology and software
18.   I wish I would have…built a stronger brand from the start
19.   I wish I would have…read more
20.   I wish I would have…known that being shy is a waste of time
21.   I wish I would have…focused more on what the people want, not what I want
22.   I wish I would have…known that life isn’t fair
23.   I wish I would have…networked my butt off
24.   I wish I would have…continued to take classes and attend seminars
25.   I wish I would have…known what I was getting myself into
What do you wish you would have known when you were 25? Comment below and let the world know!
Written by Allison Way.  Allison is a writer and videographer for Think Big Partners, Kansas City's mentorship-based business incubator and startup accelerator.  To read more of Allison's work, check out the Kansas City Entrepreneurship Examiner as well as her articles on Helium, BrooWaha, eZine and Newsvine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment