If you're looking to get involved with the Google Fiber initiative in Kansas City, the Social Media Club of KC may have the opportunity for you.
Ever heard of Give Us A Gig? It's a new way for Kansas City communities to prepare for the benefits of gigabit internet speeds. It is a toolkit for community leaders to engage their neighbors and explain how Google Fiber can make a difference in the community. And now YOU can get involved.
On Tuesday, December 13 and on Thursday, December 15, the Social Media Club of Kansas City is hosting two kickoff meetings for more information about Give Us A Gig. What can you expect to see an learn?
- Find out how to start and run your own community website about Google Fiber
- See why gigabit speed is important to KC
- Have the resources to organize your community
- Know how to prepare your community for change
- Become inspired to crate your own gigabit ideas
- Get the marketing tools to promote your community
- Collaborate with community Gigabit Leaders
- Know how to utilize the toolkit through convenient training sessions
- Get technology assistance and be encouraged by community mentors
RSVP for the two kickoff events here: http://giveusagig.com/
Follow me! @AllisonThinkBig