|Mayor Sly James addresses the press at the |
LaunchKC event on September 10, 2012.
Yesterday at the LaunchKC press conference, Mayor Sly James, Mike Burke, Pete Fullerton and other Kansas City leaders made announcements about LaunchKC's goals and new plans. The group laid out five common goals for the Kansas City entrepreneurial community: computing, incentive, mobility, innovation and collaboration.
1. Computing: LaunchKC will open a new Kansas City data center to improve capacity and computing power.
2. Incentive: LaunchKC will assist small technology businesses with equipment and computers to help them grow and develop.
3. Mobility: LaunchKC will create a district-based WiFi network.
4. Innovation: LaunchKC will open a new research and development lab in Union Station in late September. This R&D lab will be known as Site Deck KC.
5. Collaboration: LaunchKC is driven to make Kansas City an entrepreneurial hub. In doing so, the initiative has partnered with seven local Kansas City companies known as Launch Pad Companies that will provide space for entrepreneurs to work. A few of these spaces include Barkley, Crown Center, Union Station and DST.
To learn more about LaunchKC, visit www.launchkc.com.
Follow me! @AllisonThinkBig