Today’s the day! The Gigabit Challenge is now officially accepting applications. The business plan competition is looking for new ideas and disruptive technologies that will make use of Google’s first-in-the nation one-gigabit fiber network. The Gigabit Challenge welcomes submissions from all entrepreneurs, startups, early-stage businesses and existing high growth companies.
Applicants have from now until October 31st to submit their applications accompanied by 3-5 page executive summaries. After submissions are complete, the Challenge judges will review each one and select the top 25 finalists. Those finalists will move on in pursuit of the $100,000 Grand Prize and the opportunity to build their business on the first one-gigabit fiber network.
Here are some important competition dates to keep in mind:
- October 3, 2011 – October 31, 2011 – Open Applications, Executive Summaries
- November 22, 2011 – Selection and Announcement of 25 “Semi-Finalists”
- December 8, 2011 – Deadline for Semi-Finalists to Submit Business Plans and PowerPoint Presentations
- December 17, 2012 – Selection and Announcement of “Finalists”
- Mid-January, 2012 – Finalists present in front judges, winner selected that day
Do you have an idea that can harness the power of a gigabit? Are you ready to turn the tech industry upside-down and change the world? Apply for the Gigabit Challenge today!
It’s time to Think Big…with a gig.
Written By Laura Goede